Saturday, August 29, 2009

All Roads Lead to....

I spent most of Thursday and Friday driving in Saskatchewan. I have done this trip before and will do it again. As I was travelling through my neighbouring province I remembered something that I had noticed in the past.

The directional signage at major intersections very often indicate that highway that the one you are on is intersecting leads to Prince Albert. I have noticed this in other areas of the province as well. I have noticed this leaving Swift Current, Moose Jaw, Saskatoon, North Battleford, and Regina.

It seems rather quirky that Prince Albert is always the city on the sign. I'm sure these roads go to other communities. They never seem to be mentioned. When you are leaving Moose Jaw for Saskatoon, you have to take the Prince Albert exit. There is no mention of Saskatoon. Seems strange to me.

I have never been to Prince Albert. It may be a very nice place. I quite a few know people who have lived there. I believe they have all moved away. It is just rather peculiar that so much directional signage leads you to Prince Albert.

Maybe they are trying to convince people to go to Prince Albert. Maybe the person who planned this signage was from Prince Albert and felt it was important to tell everyone how to get there. Maybe it is somebody's idea of a joke. I really don't know.

I just find it strange that when you are in Saskatchewan all roads lead to Prince Albert.

1 comment:

  1. Should you ever go to Prince Albert, I do hope you'll ruminate on your experience, as I have never been there either, and I'm now curious.

    ReplyDelete