Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Fit It In

I'm on a course this week so, I'm not walking 30 minutes to get to work everyday.  The course has some good points but I had been feeling rather sluggish.  Today we had to do a fitness test. I passed but, this isn't the point of this post.


The exercise I got during the test has markedly improved my mood. My mind is much closer to normal and I feel a lot healthier since the test. All this goes to proving that any time spent exercising is a benefit. It was less exercise than a normal day that I go to the gym and walk to work but it had huge results.


People often say they don't have time to exercise. They claim to be too busy at work or with family to work out. I look at it a different way. I think if you want to be effective at work and in your life you don't have time to not exercise.  It is an investment that will pay back almost immediately.  You will be able to think clearer, get your tasks done quicker, and have more energy after the workday to enjoy time with friends or family.


I'm not saying everyone needs to turn into a total gym rat. You don't need to be exercising six hours a day. If you want to, I won't suggest your don't but if you have some active living everyday you will see the quality of your life improve.  I can say this with absolute certainty.


The easiest way to improve how you feel about yourself is to be active. It will give you energy to do more in less which frees up more time for the things you really want. You will have the capacity to overcome challenges which will make you feel more confident. It will even make you look a bit better and who doesn't want to look better?


I don't live in the gym but I do live actively and that's what matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment