Thursday, October 17, 2013

30 House Parties in 30 Days

I was at The Laff on Saturday for The Lucky Ron Show, those who know me are not surprised by this at all. Lucky announced they are firing up the '30 House Parties in 30 Days' which hasn't been done since 1999. I thought since I had no work commitments on Wednesday it would be perfect to get in on this, so I booked it.

It was so much fun.

I rounded up some friends, picked up some beer and Lucky Ron showed up and played in my living room. It was The Lucky Ron Show, he told the same jokes, sang the same songs, we yelled "Number Four!" after the third song, and threw cigarettes into his guitar during Tilsonburg. 

I wouldn't do it every night but it is something unique to do once a decade, if for no other reason that you can. There wasn't too much foot stomping, my downstairs neighbour didn't complain but there was a lot of singing along, clapping, laughing, and a good old time. There were two people who had never seen the show before and somehow it still worked out to 86% new people.

As I move on in life and get older the one thing that seems to keep happening is I find unique adventures, having the Rocky Horror Pictures Show of One Man Country acts play in your living room qualifies as unique. 

If you are in the Ottawa area I suggest if you have never seen The Lucky Ron Show head down to The Laff and check it out. If you are a fan of Lucky Ron I suggest you get ahold of him and have him play one of these thirty house parties at your place, it's one of the few things you know will be fun every time even if it is the same show every week, nothing new or different.

No comments:

Post a Comment