Thursday, December 26, 2013

My Heart is Full for Christmas

For the first time ever, I didn't spend Christmas Day in Manitoba or with my family. I wasn't sure if I was going to like it or not. Because I changed jobs a couple of months ago I had to work on Christmas Eve and Boxing Day. There wasn't time to head back to my home province.

It turns out I had a pretty good day.

I had breakfast at friends. It's always nice to be included. I FaceTimed with my parents, and received a whole bunch of messages and texts from people wishing me all the best of the season.

All in all, Christmas left me with the best gift of them all. I have an overwhelming feeling of optimism. I think 2014 is going to be a great year for the world and for me personally. I don't know what it's going to look like but I know the people who choose to be around me are great people. I know that there will always someone to lend a bit of support when I hit bumps in the road and that fills my heart.

My life isn't perfect, in fact it's not exactly what I want it to look like at the moment. I am ok with that. I have come to terms with twists and turns, in fact, I welcome them. It makes life interesting, especially when you know great people will be around you and check in from time to time.

I got some very thoughtful presents but this overwhelming feeling of optimism about where things are going is a wave worth riding as far as I can. A year ago I wasn't feeling too excited about the future but now I can't wait for whatever is next and that's a great place to be.

I hope everyone who reads this takes some time to reflect and count up all the good things that you have in your life because you probably have more than you realize and it will probably give you a very optimistic outlook.

No comments:

Post a Comment