Wednesday, December 24, 2014

The Slow Down

I have been very busy for the last year and for the most part, I have enjoyed it. My job is going so well, I didn't take all my vacation for the year and will have to roll over a bit to next year. Overall, it's been really good and now I have taken some time off over the Christmas holiday.

It's great to have some time to relax at my parents and visit my friends. We can be leisurely. There are very few scheduled activities. For the most part, it is simply a time to enjoy the company of others.

I can feel my batteries recharging.

However, it seems I can only be lazy for so long. As I become more rested, I find new ideas popping into my head. Ideas on how to make things better, plans on how to work more effectively, and observations of the world around me.

There is a culture shift. The pace of life in Brandon, Manitoba is not the same as Ottawa. People are not in a hurry here. People are not bothered if they hold you up a bit. There is validity to living a slower pace to life and I like to visit this slow sleepy town. However, I may have gown up in a small town but I like the big city life. I like the feeling that people are all around me and the energy that it brings. I like the short walk to get what I need or want. I am a city dweller and I like it.

I will be in Brandon for a few more days, and the slow pace will be nice for the holidays but I'm sure by the last day or so, I will be craving a busy street with horns honking and people chatting about nothing or everything. One of the great things about where you live is when you visit elsewhere, you can enjoy a change, just like I am now.

No comments:

Post a Comment