Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Dreaming

I used to be a big dreamer. It always seemed to make more sense to ask why can't it happen then why would we try. I often looked at things that way. I wanted to try new things and was always looking forward for a way to make it happen. I'm sure it's partly why I learned to fly as a teenager. I'm also sure it's how I was done my degree in four years. I thought I could do it so, why not?

Lately, I've been noticing that I'm not thinking up such grandiose ideas. My next step doesn't seem to have an element of fancy anymore. I'm not sure why.

My first thought was I'm getting older. I have attained a comfortable living. Maybe I don't want to upset the apple cart too much. I'm still open to new adventures but if they don't come with a pay cheque or I can't keep my current job, my excitement is dampened.

I also considered that I'm becoming less risk tolerant. When you are 20, it's easy to take a chance, if you stumble, it's not too bad. When you haven't amassed too much, complete failure and starting over doesn't seem too challenging.

Ultimately I'm not sure what has taken my big dreams away. I think I need to get it back. I need to dream big at work and away from work. I may not see anything come true but if I don't start dreaming about what could be, how can I make it happen?



No comments:

Post a Comment