Friday, May 28, 2010

I Touched an iPad

I had a few minutes today so I wandered into the local Apple Store. I must admit I like going into the Apple Store. There is a lot of interesting stuff in there. I have managed to walk out without buying but it can be hard. The one store I cannot get out of without spending way too much money is the Bomber Store, but that is a different story for a different day.

The main reason I went in was to check out the new iPad. There were several on display. I touched one. I'm not sure if this was a good idea. This is how it all started with my iPhone. I thought it might be neat and then I touched a co-worker's iPhone. I was hooked. I am still hooked.

Back to the iPad. I was impressed. The colour was rich. This blog looked great. I already know how to use it. It would be fully integrated in my life in about an hour. I would sync it up and iTunes along with MobileMe, will do the rest.

I can see it being useful. I travel a lot. I find my iPhone really useful. This would be even more useful and enjoyable. I can see myself taking notes in a meeting with it and emailing the notes at the end of the meeting. I can see myself keeping up with the news and having a couple of books with me wherever I go. It will be great for sharing photos and video. I can do that with my iPhone but this will be much better. For me I can see it being a lot more than a toy.

Now I didn't buy one. I'm sure there are several improvements that Apple will have in the next 6 to 12 months and if I wait, I will probably get a better product for less. Also, I don't need it. As much as I think I do, I have lived to this point without it so waiting a bit longer will not kill me.

I know I will eventually give in and buy one, and I know it will be hard not to give in this week-end, considering the weather is going to be garbage but, I will try to stay strong and hold out. Of course if you know me, who are we kidding.

2 comments:

  1. I was touched by an uncle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two days, I figured you would make it a bit longer than that!

    ReplyDelete