Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Once Upon A Time In Mexico


Last week I spent a week at the All-Inclusive Royal Decameron near beautiful Puerto Vallerta, Mexico. For the most part I am not a go and sit by the pool all day kind of guy. I had a really good time there. I was off the resort quite a bit. I took a couple of excursions, where I repelled, rode a zipline, and drove an ATV. The countryside is amazing. The people are great. The weather is awesome. The whole thing was wonderful.

The resort I stayed at was great. I had all the food I could eat and all the drink I could drink. The staff was excellent and attentive. The grounds were clean and the room was comfortable. I could sit in the sun or in the shade. I could always have another drink. I could watch the hockey game in the evening. It was easy to have fun.

I went on this trip with my friend Jill. I knew it was going to be a good time when, on the first night, she was down for the count before the sun set. She was kind enough to tie off the garbage bags in both garbage cans after she bucked her cookies.

I could see myself living in a tropical paradise, running a cantina, serving cerveza, and not taking life too seriously. I could scrape together a living and eat tacos every day.

It may be a while before I visit an all-inclusive resort again. Not because I didn't enjoy it but because there is so much I want to see and do. But someday I will again relax in an all-inclusive resort somewhere in paradise.

No comments:

Post a Comment