Sunday, July 10, 2011

Playing Tourist

I drove up to Pictou Nova Scotia today. It's a really nice place. I wandered around and took some pictures. It was a good day off.


I have the opportunity to travel as part of my job and when I have time off I like to explore a bit. This was a neat place to visit. It's historic sea-side town. It looks good and there were a lot of people around.  The place was fairly lively.


If most people have their way they wouldn't work but I think a lot of people would let their time go to waste. It's their choice but after the enjoyment I had today, it has been reinforced to me to get out and see things. It doesn't have to bee the coolest things but as you see more you get a greater sense of the world.


All to often people let their lives slip by. I too have been guilty of it at times. It's important to see what the world has to offer. Especially being Canadian, living in such a diverse nation, the more you see the better you appreciate others point of view. You can get a lot of this by playing tourist.


It was a good day today and I better understand a few more things because of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment