Monday, July 25, 2011

A Routine

It can be surprising how quickly people can fall into a routine. I'm currently living in barracks style accommodations. I't decent. I get my own room but the washroom and shower is down the hall. Not the end of the world. There are lots of facilities. Here's the thing. I seem to always use the third toilet from the end and the first shower on the right. Beyond that, I actually found myself getting a bit upset that I wasn't able to use them one time because someone else was using them.


There is no reason I should get upset about this. They are communal use assets and I know that. I have no claim to them but I was upset my routine was changed.


It may sound crazy but I had legitimate feelings that this wasn't right. It shouldn't be that way but as I get older, I don't adapt as well as I used to. I find I just have to deal with it like I always have but now I don't want to. That's the part I find strange.


I see a lot of small things really bother people and I am often dumbfounded at why these minor inconveniences could be such a bother. I'm finding I'm becoming more like that. Maybe I should just adjust my attitude and get over it, after all I think I'm better than not begin able to sit on the same toilet seat all the time.


Yup, it sounds just as silly when I type it as when I say it.

No comments:

Post a Comment