Friday, December 30, 2011

2011- The Year That Was

It's the end of the year, it seems that you are supposed to look back at your year, reflect, and look forward to the next one. I have taken my share of time doing that. I'm not going to write about it. I had an amazing year. I learned a lot and lived an improved life. All of it comes down to one thing.

If you don't make things happen, they won't. If you try, you may be surprised by the results.

That really sums up my year. Late in 2010 I took a job that has probably altered the course of my life forever. I moved, took on new challenges, and made new discoveries. As incredibly challenging as I found the year, I would not trade it for anything.

When I look back at where I grew up, at the realities that I faced, I am a bit amazed where I have ended up. Some of it was a bit of luck. Opportunities showed up when I was looking. Maybe they are always there but you don't see them unless you want to but, I took advantage of a few. Because of that, I have ended up with a combination of education, experience, and ability to do something unique.

All that has lead me to a lifestyle I enjoy, in a city I like doing a job I like.

I don't know what 2012 will bring, in a way I don't care. I know there will be great days and frustrating days. There will be joy and sadness. There will be opportunities if I want to take them and that's what excites me the most.



No comments:

Post a Comment