Wednesday, June 27, 2012

The Flop House


When I arrived at home after work yesterday I looked around my apartment and noticed it has become really messy. I admit that I don't like to clean. However, I also like to have a clean place. Normally I will let it get to a certain point and get fed up and clean it. It is well past that point and I wasn't sure how it got there.

A bit of reflection made me realize I have been using my home as a bit of a flop house.

I've been travelling quite a bit in the last month. From each trip I come home, sort through a bunch of mail and don't feel like doing much for a day or two. Through all this my place has accumulated a lot of mess. It just happened during the month of June that just flew by.

Right at the end of May I was in North Bay. A few days later I went on the great adventure known as Bonnaroo. Somehow I hurt my ankle and subsequently my foot so cleaning wasn't much of an option when standing for any period of time was nearly impossible. Just as the foot was getting usable I was off to Burlington Ontario and here we are. I'm home and its a mess.

I'm going to take some time over the next couple of nights to get things to an acceptable level. It just surprised me how it somehow spiralled out of control.

When I lived in Winnipeg my place would get messy over the summer while I didn't really live there. I would be home for a few minutes or a few hours about once a week. The mail would pile up and the dishes would get used without getting washed. So, after eleven weeks, it was a mess. It seems to have caught me again. I don't like it. I'm going to fix it. I guess my disdain for cleaning overpowered my desire for a clean home.

No comments:

Post a Comment