Sunday, August 26, 2012

Staycation

I used to use a lot of my time to just stay home and chill out. It was a product of a lot of work travel. Since I moved and have reduced my work travel, I have have been using a lot of my time to go places, both near and far. Well, this last week I took the week off and just hung out. 

I had very little on the schedule. The only thing I had to do was convince a doctor I had never met before that I was still healthy enough to fly airplanes. As it turns out, I am. I did a few things that you would expect, such as laundry and grocery shopping. I went to the gym three times, as I do most weeks. I saw a couple of movies and liked them both.

What I did with most of my off time is sleep. 

I knew I was getting a bit tired but I had no idea how bad it had become. Getting tired is a slow and insidious thing. It doesn't happen overnight and each day you really aren't any worse than the day before. Over the long haul, you can get pretty tired and that's what happened to me.

On Friday I woke up refreshed. I looked at myself in the mirror as I brushed my teeth and noticed I looked much more refreshed. I have also noticed my mind is much sharper. I am thinking like I can.

I've always been a guy who will grind himself down. I feel I have to get things done or take advantage of opportunities when they present themselves. It's a good way to live. It makes life worth living. The drawback is you can get really tired if you are not paying attention. 

It was great to get caught up on some sleep. I feel I can take anything on. The alarm is set and I will take on anything that pops up, all because I took a staycation.

No comments:

Post a Comment