Sunday, October 28, 2012

If This Is The Worst of It

So, I don't seem to have too much to complain about today. My list is:

a. - my apartment is too warm;
b. - the Bombers are out of the playoffs;
c. - I had to get up Saturday morning and go to Smiths Falls with no chance of flying;
d. - it's going to rain a lot this week;
e. - there is no NHL hockey;
f. - we have a small snag with the truck for tailgating next week-end;

These are all first world problems. They don't really matter. They are minor inconveniences. In the big scheme, they don't matter. If you have a list like this to complain about, your life is going well.

Every day as I walk home from work I see a lot of people that have real problems. There are a lot of homeless people who panhandle on my walk home from work. Whether it's a result of their decisions or actions or the decisions and actions of others, the result is the same. They have real problems. It is compounded with the fact that winter is coming. Even though it's not a Winnipeg winter, I don't think anyone would choose to sleep outside in Ottawa in the winter.

There are unstable governments that are leading to atrocious treatment in many parts of the world. Hard working people can't make enough to feed their family properly. Those people have real problems. I don't have real problems.

It's not to say I don't want my problems to go away. We always want a comfortable life. I just can't see anything that is a threat to my lifestyle, safety, or existence so life in my world is good.

Not everyone is in that position so if you can make someone's day better, do it. It will make you feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment