Thursday, January 24, 2013

Frosty

There isn't much to talk about these days besides the weather. I know it's very Canadian and probably a bit annoying but it seems to have taken over my life.

It's Winnipeg cold in Ottawa.

There, I said it. When it's really cold in Winnipeg everyone tries to minimize their time outside. That has been a bit tough for me to do since I walk for thirty minutes to get to work in the morning. Most of the time I love walking to work. There are the exceptions consisting of cold days and rainy days. At the moment we are stuck in a string of cold days.

Yesterday it was widely reported that it was going to be the coldest day in Ottawa in over eight years. That's significant. It was cold. It was cold enough that it impacted my mood. I don't want to do anything. I don't want to wake up or even cook a meal. It's the way I get when it's always dark and cold. The colder it gets the less exciting I get.

The weather can't stay like this forever. It should start to get a bit warmer by the week-end and at this point a bit warmer will feel pretty good. The bad weather days make the good weather days seem all the better.

I don't like January but as a friend of mine reminded me today, it's over next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment