Sunday, February 10, 2013

Lazy Sundays

This is the first Sunday in a long time that there is no football of any kind on. I aways find this a little difficult to deal with. My routine is thrown off kilter. There is no real reason to wake up. It's still winter and even though it was fairly nice out, I had no desire to be outside.

I was very lazy today.

I laid on the couch and watched a lot of movies. In a way it was rather glorious but it is also a bit unproductive. Ok it was very unproductive. I didn't even go buy groceries. Next week-end I will be in Saskatoon at a bonspiel I curl in every February. In less than three weeks, it will be March and that's when things get a lot better. The weather starts to get a lot better and that always improves my mood. So a super lazy Sunday in mid-February isn't a bad thing.

I have to admit it is nice to not have a plan and to just go with it. So much of life ends up being planned out. It has to be that way. It's really the only way to get things done. Not having a plan can feel very free. Being a blob on the couch won't keep you in shape but once in a while it will make you smile in a way like you are cheating the world, even if it's just for one day.

I am not advocating a lot of lazy days but every now and then, it's sure nice to just let the world pass you by and you can always jump back in tomorrow, just like I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment