Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Air Conditioning

It was not a wonderful spring in the Montreal-Ottawa corridor. There were several cool days with a lot of rain. As the school age children wrapped up their studies we have fallen into a hot summer. This is the typical weather for the area including it not cooling down at night.


I am lucky, my apartment is air conditioned and it is hooked into the thermostat. My home stays comfortable all summer long. It's great to get home and the place is cool. I can even cook with very little impact on my comfort.


There is a bit of a problem.


I have been in St Jean sur Richileau since the last day of June. The dorm room I have been assigned is not air conditioned. It is hot at night. It has re-energized my respect for a well climate controlled living space.


I'll admit I don't love scorching heat and high humidity but it isn't all that bad if you return to a cool dry space at the end of your day. It gives you a chance to unwind and relax. the heat won't be the reason you don't sleep so well at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment