Sunday, June 23, 2013

It's Quaint

I've been in Prince Edward Island for last five days. It's a really nice place with really nice people. Before I go much further, I should mention this is not my first trip to The Island. I should also mention that I like busy cities. That being said, I really enjoyed my time. As part of what I was doing we did some tourist type stuff. 

Only in PEI would you go to a potato farm. This wasn't just any potato farm, the owner of the farm was also in a Frito-Lays commercial. It was the one where they pass a bag of chips across Canada, he's the last one to get the bag. His farm is fully automated to the point that you don't need to be in the tractor while it drives the field doing what it does. Really amazing, if you ask me.

I also ate lobster and raw oysters.This is not the first time I have had either of them but let me leave you with a piece of advice. If you haven't had any shellfish in a while, don't start with eight raw oysters. It was very tasty and it all stayed down but it wasn't without consequences. However, when you are travelling, you need to take in the local activities. The lobster, as always was great. I can't get too much lobster. I can't believe that at one time only the poorest of the poor ate lobster in Newfoundland.

People in PEI drive differently. They will stop for you no matter where you are and they are not in a rush. It's a big change from any big city. However, if you are not used to it, things are happening that you don't expect.

Overall, PEI is very quaint but the people seem really content with life. They always want to chat and will always make time for you. As well, they are a lot of fun, even if it is a bit slower pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment