Monday, July 22, 2013

Distinct

I'm back in Quebec for another week of flying. Overall it's rather enjoyable. However, there are some quirks about this province that go well beyond the language.

My first example. I was at the bank, specifically the cash machine to get some money. A bid diesel burning jacked up truck straight out of Fort Mac pulled up beside me. The only think missing were the truck nuts. I thought I wasn't in Alberta and I was right because, the driver grabbed his man purse, that's right a murse, and went in to get money. This could not be mistaken as a satchel like what Indiana Jones would carry. There was no mistaking this for a man's purse.

Only in Quebec.

My second example. I was driving along and I caught up to a scooter with two people on it. It wasn't two girls it was a girl and a guy and the guy wasn't driving. Scooters are fun to ride until your friends find out but I know a lot of people that wouldn't be caught dead riding a scooter, never mind being the passenger on the back. However, there it was, right out in broad daylight.

Only in Quebec.

Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of nice people I know that live in Quebec and I almost always have fun when I visit. If the taxes were a bit more reasonable I would even consider living in Montreal. The province just has a few quirks. They may make it charming, maybe it could be called annoying but I can say for certain it is distinct.



No comments:

Post a Comment