Sunday, May 4, 2014

I Like Where This is Going

My foray into the world of car sales lasted fifteen weeks. it was not a long time and I quickly realized that although I can do the job I don't like the environment I was in. Since moving on I have been twelve weeks in the new job with Valspar. I love the environment. As long as the culture remains the same, i can see myself at Valspar for the rest of my career.

I have been quite busy in my job. The weeks are absolutely flying by. In my ninth week with the company I went for new hire training in Moorseville North Carolina. This gave me a chance to see deeper into the company and be around other members of Valspar every day. I came to realize that what I was seeing leading up to this trip was not a facade. The corporate culture is genuine and what I want to be around.

People that work for Valspar work hard but are honest about where they fit in the world. We sell paint. If you are late, nobody is going to die and the nation is not going to be invaded. When you are driving around in your company car you are expected to be driving. You are not expected to be doing other work or eating at the same time. Valspar takes safety very seriously. The will fire people who violate safety regulations. I like this. I don't have to worry that a co-worker is going to put my well-being in jeopardy.

Valspar provides the tools and support to be successful. I have a car, a couple of credit cards, a computer, an iPhone, a boss who gets it, and support from every direction. I also represent the best paint in the store. All this makes it easier to do a good job. 

The company is happy with me and they express it on a regular basis. I can see it myself. I was looking at some numbers and business is better in my territory since I started serving the stores. Eastern Ontario has not received the attention is should for nearly a year. I'm getting things back to where they should be. Once that's achieved, I will push to advance the yardsticks.

When you find your self working for the right organization, you will work harder, be more productive, and like it more. That's the spot I'm in these days and I could not be happier.

No comments:

Post a Comment