Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Action

It seems that the addition of advertising and the subsequent blog entry about the same subject has stirred up a the biggest flurry of comments on Flying Cookie yet.

Apparently I have lost a reader though this activity. I'm ok with that. People have the freedom to choose to read or not to read my blog. It is out there. I know not everyone will like everything that is being said.

If you agree with everything that is being said and everyone agrees with everything you are saying then someone is lying to someone. I don't want to live in that world. I want to share and debate ideas.

I'm curious if the reader I lost has looked back to see if they have made an impact. They did a bit. It lead to others commenting. I realize the 'penis' comment is a bit random but it was submitted and not illegal I posted it.

As of today I have eared $1.10 from this blog. Hosting on Blogger.com is free but it provides their parent company with an ability to earn back some of the cost of hosting me. To me, a guy with a B.Comm, that seems reasonable.

There is no cost to the reader and the advertising is clearly marked.

This is an example of choice and choice is a central foundation to capitalism.

3 comments:

  1. You are #2 on Google, good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Therefore, anyone who rejects the idea of advertising is a dirty rotten commie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The idea of advertising is not offensive but the implementation can be.

    ReplyDelete