Friday, June 5, 2009

Party Like You are 18, Recover Like You are 32

Several friends were in town earlier this week. Some I had not seen for years.

We partied hard. Really, really hard. It was like I was eighteen again. We thought it was best to call it a night when the sun started to come up.

The flip side was it took two days for my body to feel normal again.

When I was 18 it would take a few hours. I would sleep a bunch and feel better by dinner time the next day. Apparently my body has aged a bit. It doesn't recover instantly. It seems to take a while.

It also makes me wonder what else am I not quite as good at.

It may be difficult to determine. Much of what we do we do not measure so we cannot tell if we are fading. I think it is most difficult to notice change in yourself. You are always present for everything you do. You do not see the little changes.

As you get older you are supposed to get wiser. I think I'm getting wiser, just from time to time I want relive my youth.

I don't think there is anything wrong with that as long as I am willing to recover like I am 32.

No comments:

Post a Comment