Thursday, June 11, 2009

Advertising

I added advertising to my blog. It is no secret. You can see it right next to the post. I can earn money from these ads. As of writing this I have earned $0.00. I probably will not be able to retire on what I earn from this blog. I may never see a cent. I imagine the readership of this blog will have to get a lot larger to earn any substantial amount of money.

May people are annoyed with advertising. The problem is if you are exposed to significant amounts of poorly targeted advertising you will grow weary.

A well targeted ad can be very effective.

We all want to know about what products are available for purchase. Ads inform us of potential products or services to investigate. If the ad is well targeted we can find it quite useful.

I am not suggesting you ever click on an add from this blog. If you are interesting in what is being promoted, feel free, but it doesn't matter to me one way or another. The ads are clearly marked and the reader of the blog has all the power in the relationship.

As the most interesting man in the world says, "Stay Thirsty."

That was an advertising reference.

5 comments:

  1. You've lost this reader because of it. Good Bye

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.cbc.ca/ageofpersuasion/

    ReplyDelete
  3. If ads really bother you that much, you should really look into Adblock Plus for Firefox.

    You will see very few ads on the internet.

    ReplyDelete