Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Disruption

I have relocated to my summer location. My job moves from the bustling city of Winnipeg up to the beach town of Gimli Manitoba for the summer months. This has been the case for many years now. I pack up enough of what I need and truck up north. It isn't too far and I do get home once and a while.

I am finding as I get older, the disruption to my routine seems to have a bigger and bigger effect on me. It isn't just the different locale, it is also not having all my stuff. It is eating in a dining hall with set meal hours. It is not seeming to find the time to get to the gym. The time is there however the different environment and structured demands on my time seem to make it much more difficult to get there.

The gym here is ok. It doesn't have nearly the equipment the gym at home does. It seems to slow the falling out of shape, but I am always in worse shape when I return home in September. It's unfortunate since the more I exercise the better I feel and the more confident I am. Skipping as many workouts as I do in the summer seems to lead to generally grumpy feeling until I drop everything and get some exercise.

Yesterday was a prime example. Everything was on track to get out of the office in time to catch a workout and make it to supper on time. Some things came up near the end of the day and I was unable to fit in my workout before supper. Combined with the work I did on the week-end and I have not had a workout for a week. I can feel it.

It is important for everyone to take steps to ensure that they integrate into the world around them as well as they can.

For me one of the steps is to ensure that I exercise regularly. This is a challenge that I must improve on for all the people around me.

3 comments:

  1. Less time typing, more time running. Unless you want to move to North Battleford

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah watch out or soon I will be able to bench 150 more times than you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't chase me I'm full of chocolate

    ReplyDelete