Tuesday, November 10, 2009

KISS! What Else Can You Say?


Last night I saw KISS at the MTS Centre in Winnipeg. I have seen them before, I knew what to expect. They delivered. The did everything that I expected them too. They didn't take themselves seriously and took themselves too seriously at the same time. They wore makeup and capes. They played loud catchy music. They used a lot of fire. They spit blood. They flew through the air. They lit a lighting rig on fire, I don't think that was part of the show. They lowered it and a couple of dudes with CO2 fire extinguishers put it out.

I admit I didn't have the best seats, but they were not the worst either. People were having fun and put all the worries of the world around us to the side for a couple of hours.

A KISS show is timeless. It doesn't really fit into any era. They are so unique that they can put out the same show for 35 years and it never gets old. That's what makes them who they are. If you have the chance I strongly recommend you go to a KISS show. The people in the crowd are a big part of the entertainment. Young and old, grandparents and little kids, you will see it all, including a good dose of very attractive women. Everyone seems to like KISS. The guy on one side of you could be a dentist and on the other a tow-truck driver, but this music seems to bring them together.

If you have a chance then Rock and Roll All Nite and party every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment