Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Another Spin Around the Sun

Today is my last day at the fine age of 32. Tomorrow I move onto 33. It's difficult not to look back at the year that was. Since I was born just before the end of the year the urge is even bigger. I know this is cheesy but this is my blog so indulge me.

In the last year I:

Got rid of my Motorola Razer for an iPhone and my PC for a Mac. Two of the best purchases I have made in a long time. Apple makes great products that interact so easily with humans. Way to go Steve Jobs.

I did my 2500th glider flight. I have been flying gliders since I was sixteen. It is part of who I am. Looking back 2500 is a lot of flights.

I was awarded a medal. I received my Canada Decoration, awarded for 12 years of honourable service. On the day I was presented it I was surprised how I felt so good about myself.

I went to Las Vegas and the Grand Canyon. Both places are like no other and I enjoyed the trip immensely.

I reconnected with some old friends and made some great new ones. I continue to be amazed by the quality of people that choose to hang out with me, way above the national average in people quality.

I bought a Playstation 3. Watching movies and playing video games in HD makes it easy to stay in and save some money. Music is also amazing on the PS3.

I started writing two blogs. If you told me in High School that I would write for my own enjoyment, I would have called you crazy. I guess that's why we get up every day, we really don't know where life is going to lead.

There were several other moments, as there always is, but we all have to look back from time to time and I realize I am fortunate.

Oh, I know, this is a bit cheesy, but its my blog and once in a while I gotta indulge.

2 comments:

  1. Either you were too drunk when you wrote this or I'm to sober to read it!

    -Kent

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds a little over the top, and the way you describe your friends as being above the national average in people quality sounds like you've been drinking, I'm sure they hang out with you because you are fun to be with and you have something to offer them.

    ReplyDelete