Tuesday, December 22, 2009

I May Be Getting Older, but Sometimes I Don't Act Like It

Saturday night I celebrated my 33rd birthday. We went to a hockey game. The home team scored two early goals, and visitors scored 3 after that. So, it was a losing effort, but it was fun. I had a couple of beers at the game.

From there we carried on to Shannon's Irish Pub. I may have had a few beers there. I may have sang with the band and played the tambourine. I may have not been very good. Through all that, I had a lot of fun.

I am getting older. We all are. I can't deny that. I find that as I get older it seems that I am acting older, a lot more often. I seem to take the responsible position and the responsible actions most of the time. I don't often throw caution to the wind and just giver any more. This is probably a good thing, but once in a while, buckle up your chinstraps, I'm going to party like a rockstar.

I'm quite sure everyone needs to let really loose on occasion. I think it is good for the psyche to do so. I think we need to act young from time to time.

On Saturday I definitely partied like a rock star. I had fun. My friends had fun. On Sunday we licked our wounds and commented that we probably shouldn't do that too often. One good friend missed his flight. It was a moment in our personal histories that we will all look back at and never quite replicate. We will have other great moments. Some will probably include a couple of drinks and staying out late and that's ok, because we are all getting older but we don't always have to act like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment