Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Common Courtesy

Apartment living has some realities attached to it. You have to watch how much noise you make. You may have to wait to wash your clothes as all the machines are busy. You can't just paint the interior of your place. I accept these are parts of living in an apartment. I also expect people to do their best to not make it any more unreasonable for others.

Tonight I was doing my laundry. I needed three washing machines and two dryers to get it done. The washing machines were immediately available. I went back to the laundry room when the washing was done. There was still a few minutes left on all the dryers so I waited. The dryers finished. I waited. The person who was using them left their clothes in the dryer for 21 minutes after they were done drying.

That's ridiculous.

Laundry is a necessary evil. We all want to be done it as quickly as possible. So, why would anyone leave their laundry in the dryer for 21 minutes after it is done drying. I think it is rude. I think it is wasting my time and theirs. Don't you want to be done your laundry as quickly as possible. I know I do.

3 comments:

  1. let's see, 21 minutes once in a while versus $250g for a house and another $50g for appliances and furniture........when the 21 minutes really bother you, you'll know it's time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness, people could just be forgetful and accidentally leave their laundry in the dryer, if your angry about 21 minutes, you must be having a bad day

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just put their crap on top of the dryer, they won't mind.

    ReplyDelete