Thursday, July 8, 2010

Youth Movement

Tomorrow morning we have ground training scheduled so some of the crew is taking advantage of this and having a few tasty beverages. There was a time that I would have joined in but I'm older and my workdays are long. The prospect of a hangover is not worth it for me tomorrow.

I have often heard that youth is wasted on the young. I can assure you that I did not waste my youth. In my hay day, not only was I in there like a dirty shirt, I was often a ringleader and some could argue, a bad influence.

Like I have mentioned in the past, I want my regrets to be things I have done, not things I have not done. When I was in my late teens and most of my twenties, I lived it up. I was always up for a party, and I did it right. I never wasted an opportunity and that was ok.

I'm older now. I want to do some different things with my time. I like to discover and reflect. I seem to want to try and be creative and that was partly why I write a blog or two.

Don't get me wrong, I still like to rip it up. I still have a lot of beer at times and I still have to nurse some killer hangovers but the frequency has dropped off. Too many days of clean living seem to get me primed for a good shaker, especially if I have been working hard and getting things done.

I think I have more balance in my life. It is hard to achieve balance but I have fun when I can and I am responsible when the situation warrants. Maybe I'm actually growing up a bit and that's ok, as long as it's not too much.

This week-end I may be on a mission but until then, I'm living the clean life.



No comments:

Post a Comment