Thursday, July 1, 2010

Big Rock and Roll

Last night I saw Iron Maiden at MTS Centre in Winnipeg. This is one of the few bands left for me to see. I enjoy their music but never had the burning desire to see them.

I should have had a burning desire to see them.

Bruce Dickenson, who is the lead singer, is amazing. He has an amazing voice. He wailed all night long. It was on key, strong and smooth. Even more amazing is he is a pilot. I may have a small man crush on the guy. I wish I was him. To fly myself to a gig and then sing as only he can would be a rather awesome life.

Back to the show.

To truly appreciate Iron Maiden you have to see them perform live. The show has a lot of production. It is big, there are colourful backdrops, and it perfectly compliments the sweeping, full, rich, music. Of course there is Eddie. He may be the most identifiable aspect of Iron Maiden. This giant beast will strike fear in the hearts of small children and parents everywhere. At the end of the main set Eddie walked out on stage. It was rather awesome.

I can now say I've seen Iron Maiden. I wish I would have seen them sooner as this show was big.



No comments:

Post a Comment