Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Maybe This Was The World Protecting Itself

Very early this morning I was buying gas for my SUV. While I was filling up at the pay at the pump island, a woman pulled up to fill her car. Ok, there may be a bit more to this. In trying to park her car to fill it, she nearly backed into the pump. It appeared that she was trying to parallel park to fuel up. In the end, despite nearly backing into the fueling station, she really wasn't close.

To add to the situation she didn't know how to fuel her car. The pump she wanted to use would only work if you pay at the pump. She asked me to fuel her vehicle for her.

I did not fuel her car.

If you cannot put fuel in your vehicle, then eventually the car will not be useable. It will become a motionless piece of manufactured goods.

I'm not against women driving. Where I draw the line is, if you cannot safely drive or fuel your vehicle, you should not be be in a position to operate your vehicle.

Maybe this is the world protecting itself.

I realize this woman, not through skill or ability, managed to put more fuel in her car. I know for a fact that she didn't do it at the station I was at.

You could argue that being able to fuel a vehicle is a basic life skill or at least a testable skill for the issue of a driver's license. It appears it is not the case. However, the world is trying really hard to keep this woman from driving but since she managed to drive to the gas station, she will most likely continue to drive.

I only hope she doesn't hurt me while driving without a clue.



1 comment: