Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Common Cold

I might have a cold. I'm not quite convinced but I might. Like everyone else, I think colds really suck. They suck for what they do to your body and they suck for how they don't really go all the way.

Nobody likes the stuffed up nose and coughing but unfortunately most colds aren't really bad enough to do you in and give up. When you have a cold you are forced to go about your day. You are not sick enough to call it quits but you don't really enjoy anything you do. You don't have your normal energy so everything seems to be such a chore.

If you get the full on flu at least to can concede defeat and quit living until you feel better. After the worst of a flu you may not be100% but you feel so much better you don't mind. With a cold you don't get the sense of journey and recovery. The cold just goes a way and you go back to normal, without a badge of honor to wear. You can't say I just survived the worst battle with the flu and I am still here.

However, not getting sick at all is the best option. Unfortunately that doesn't always seem to be how it goes.

I might have a cold and all colds suck.

No comments:

Post a Comment