Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Cold Dark Winter

I'm on the road this week. It can be good to get out of the office from time to time. For the most part I am enjoying my time. There was one small hiccup.

The first night I had no heat in my room.

This would not be a problem if I was in Cancun but I'm in Valcartier Quebec. It was a bit chilly. I figured out a way to stay warm enough. It was definitely an inconvenience but manageable. Some extra clothes and not moving to a cold spot in the bed got me through the night. In the morning, I carried on. I was a bit grumpy but it wasn't the end of the world.

There were 25 other people that also didn't have heat. Some were adaptable and some were not.

I understand why people were disgruntled. It is 2012 and unless you are told otherwise, you should expect that a room in a building will be heated.

I will say, the issue was fixed for last night and I slept really well.

Life will throw you some unexpected things. If they get fixed up, they make for good stories over beer. If they don't, it's not such a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment