Sunday, April 1, 2012

Elvis Has Entered The Building

Back in December, I was in the Sunglass Hut in Rideau Centre. A friend of mine was in town and she forgot to bring sunglasses so, she was in the market. While we were there we saw Elvis. Yes, he was buying Elvis style sunglasses.

Fast forward to yesterday, I was at the Lucky Ron Show at The Laff. Now Ron doesn't let other people sing very often but there was the same guy who was buying sunglasses, and he sang a couple of songs. Yes, they were Elvis songs and he sounded like The King.

I've never really understood why some people do as much as they can to emulate Elvis. They cut their hair like he did. They dress like he did. They sing like he did. They move like he did.

Everyone, has a favourite. Whether it be a favorite musician or athlete. However, it only seems to be fans of Elvis go to such lengths to be him, at least is large numbers.

I suppose if it makes you happy to be like your favourite, I'm not one to say stop. However, I think that you should just be you. Although The King said, "Don't be cruel, to a heart that's true." So, if it's truly in your heart to channel Elvis then rock on.



No comments:

Post a Comment