Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Being Bad

I don't really know why bad people do bad things. I think they may to advance their cause or ruin someone else's day.

Yesterday during the Boston Marathon a device exploded in the finishing area. This is terrible. It's wrong. There is no way to describe it any other way, and their shouldn't be.

All that being said there is something good people can do.

There are a couple of images of Fred Rogers floating around the internet with the following quote "When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, 'Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.'"

It made me thing a bit. This is what I realized as I read that. The bad people will try to do bad things, sometimes they will be stopped, sometimes they will be successful. That's not the important part. What really matters is when the bad people do bad things good people help each other get over it. Not because we have to but because we want to.

If we can help each other when it matter then they can't win. It becomes less effective because we lean on each other to get through it and we do it not because we have to but because we want to.

I'm not saying we want tragedy so we have a reason to help each other. We should be doing that every day. I'm just saying when these bad things happen we just have to change how we help each other.

So, the next time something bad happens, if you are in the position to help someone somehow, help them. Don't do it because you have to, do it because you want to and we will take the power away from bad people. 

No comments:

Post a Comment