Sunday, June 2, 2013

Everything Right and Wrong with Golf

On Friday, I golfed for the first time this summer. I've been busy and time has been flying by. It was nice to get out and have some fun. It was in a best ball tournament which is a good way to start out the year. You are usually not penalized for bad shots as someone will bail you out then you will bail them out.

The good thing about golf is almost anyone can make a really good golf shot.

The bad thing about golf is almost nobody can make really good golf shots consistently.

I made a great drive on one of the holes. Off the tee box I hit it straight down the centre and it went so far the people on the green, that was over 300 yards away, looked back as the ball bounced to within 8 yards of the green.

I also made a few shots so bad it wasn't even worth trying to look for the ball.

That's where golf gets you. You make a couple of shots that will just bring you back. You have those moments that will make you feel like you should be on the tour. As quickly as it happens, you duff a couple or take an exploding diver and your ego crashes back to earth to be live amongst the mortals once again.

I like golf. I don't play as much as I should but I always seem to have fun when I do even though it can make you feel very ordinary very quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment