Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Productive

I have had some long busy days in my new job. Some of it is because of all the travelling I have been doing. Some of it is because I'm still learning the job and things take longer when you are learning. Some of it is because there is a lot of productive work to do.

I don't mind lots of work as long as it is productive work.

It's easy for organizations to make people wait on them. As a result you can become dis-enfranchised and lose your drive. This has happened to me in previous jobs. I have suffered through not having most of the picture and not knowing where things are or should be going. The new job is not like this. I have the information and there are demands on my time. It is not hard to fill up hours and feel like you have accomplished something in the end.

As I evolve in the job, some of the tasks will become routine and go much faster. This will free up time to move projects forward. I am excited to grow within the position. It's been quite a while since I have felt productively busy. There has been a lot of unproductive busy work. There has been the requirement to be at work for the sake of being at work. There has been waiting on others to do things that just don't seem to happen.

I am excited about my latest lot in life. I feel like I'm wanted as part of a team and my input, although rather limited so far, is valued. This is a great place to be and I put in a lot of productive hours. 

Not everyone would be excited to work a lot but when you feel like you are being productive it is exciting. I have a spark back in my life and it makes me excited about the future.

If you feel like you don't matter, change jobs and find a place where you put in a lot of productive hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment