Thursday, February 11, 2010

Regular Adventure

I have been lamenting the fact I seem to be lacking some adventure in my my life. I have had a few entries on this blog related to my perceived lack of adventure. Well, since 2005 I have been partaking in a bonspiel every February.

This bonspiel is not about the curling. Yes games are played and winners are declared, but they are really just an excuse for normally responsible adults to get together and go a little crazy.

A drink or two may be consumed.

There may be a person slightly under-dressed at some point.

If you go to sleep you get called a wimp.

Way too much fun is had.

In the world we live in it is easy to get caught up in the rat race. It is easy to worry about work life, home life, bills, and the issue of the day. It is very important to take time for yourself. A regular adventure is a good way to do so and this bonspiel I attend is definitely an adventure. I have way too much fun. I live life with vigour. I don't worry about tomorrow. I get to be the person we all want to be for one week-end.

I know adults have to be grown-ups most of the time, but sometimes it is great to cut loose, act crazy, and throw caution to the wind, if only for one week-end every February.

No comments:

Post a Comment