Friday, February 19, 2010

Vancouver 2010 - Other Than The Sport

Vancouver is located in the the last time zone on the planet with any significant amount of population. There are a few places the sun rises after Vancouver but not too many people live there. As such everyone is up before the Olympics. I have been on some vacation this week and have been watching a lot of Olympic coverage, maybe too much. To have something on in the east when people wake up, a lot of filler is produced until the events start.

Some of it is good, some is not so good.

By watching all this coverage I think I'm getting a decent impression of what is going on out west. It looks like there is a lot happening. It looks like a great time is being had by all. It looks like I should have gone to Vancouver.

Even if I didn't have any event tickets I would have thoroughly enjoyed my time. There is so much going on, both sanctioned and unsanctioned. It is a gathering of the world around sport. It looks like what I imagine the Olympics should be. People are having fun, the drinks are flowing, and the memories are being made.

I will not be going to Vancouver for the 2010 Winter Olympics, but I should have

No comments:

Post a Comment