Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The Great Outdoors

The great outdoors is kicking the stuffing out of me. Apparently, I am not used to spending my entire workday outside. I like to be outdoors however it is a bit of shock to the system.

I'm not sure why this year it seems worse. Maybe I've spent more time inside leading up to my summer of sunshine. This is possible as the weather over the last month has not been as nice as some years. Maybe it's age creeping up on me. I was reminded this morning that it was fifteen years ago yesterday that I graduated from high school. A sure indicator that time is passing.

What I know is, I am so run down, people are commenting. I look tired. I do not have much spring in my step and I have been a bit grumpy. As much as I try to be cheerful, it seems to be hard.

I'm sure over the next week or so I will get used to being outside a lot and my body will get with the program. I have to admit that I am laughing quite a bit so I'm sure I'm not depressed. I'm seeing the upside of nearly everything and having a lot of fun. Despite this my body is taking its time to being ok with existing outside all day long.

So despite Mother Nature beating the stuffing out of me, I am determined to enjoy my time outside and bring as much joy as I can to the world around me. Even if it means I need several naps.



No comments:

Post a Comment