Sunday, September 19, 2010

It's A Party

Friday evening I went to a birthday party for the 4 year old daughter of a friend of mine. I had a great time but I also learned a few things as well.

My learning began the night before. I was in Toys 'R Us with my another friend trying to buy a gift for a 4 year old girl. This proved to be a bit of a challenge. Since I don't have children of my own and neither does the friend that was with me in the toy store we were at a bit of a loss. Thankfully we had some guidance on Facebook or we would have been completely clueless.

It's a good thing I have some problem solving abilities. We managed to piece together a plan and purchase gifted that went over well with the 4 year old crowd. There may have been a lot of laughing involved.

The actual party attendance also taught me a few things.

Children between the age of 2 and 7 have a whole lot of energy. They just keep going and going. I don't know where they get it but they seem to never quit.

Kids are getting taller. 5 and 6 year old kids are the height I was about 8 or 9. I'm not the tallest man but I'm a reasonable height. That's all I have to say about that.

I have known this last point for a while but, good people make for good times. I was hanging with some of the best people I know and was having a good time. If you surround yourself with good people your life will be good. Friday evening was a clear example of that.

On Friday I went to a 4 year old's birthday party and had a lot of fun. This is one of many signs that life is good.



No comments:

Post a Comment