Sunday, January 23, 2011

Lucky Ron

Yesterday, I went to The Lucky Ron show at The Laff in Ottawa. If you have never heard of this I'm not surprised. That being said, this is a bizarre cultural vortex in Ottawa.

The Laff is located in The Chateau Lafayette. It also happens to be the oldest bar in Ottawa. It is not a big place and doesn't even have a stage.

The Lucky Ron Show is a one man act. The first 4 songs are always the same. There is a lot of audience participation. The show rarely changes. The fans of Lucky Ron are very dedicated. They are into the show. All that makes it a lot of fun.

Although I had heard about this I had never gone to a show before yesterday. Now that I have gone I can see how he has been doing the same show every Saturday for 25 years. This is a show that would not work on tour. Much of what makes this entertaining is the crowd and how into it they are. They giver hard.

The show is unique. The crowd is rowdy and dedicated. It's a lot of fun. If you are in Ottawa on a Saturday afternoon. Head down to The Laff, you will see a show like no other.



No comments:

Post a Comment