Friday, February 18, 2011

11 Degrees and Sunny

It depends on the time of year but on February 18th in Canada, 11 degrees and sunny is better weather than you could ever hope for. The weather has breathed life into the city. People want to be out and about. They are not in such a rush. They are just loving life a little bit more.

As I walked to and from work I didn't have to wear gloves. I wore a spring jacket. I didn't feel I had to go as fast as possible to stay warm and get out of the cold.

Just the idea of this weather brings joy to people. It becomes the topic of conversation and everyone is on the same side. Everyone is pleased with the mild spring breezes.

Spring is a time of renewal. The earth awakens from it's long winter sleep. However in Ottawa the earth isn't as sleepy as Manitoba. It seems to shut down sooner and get up earlier. I'm ok with that. I'm sure we are not out of all the wintery weather, but it has sure been a lot better than a typical Winnipeg winter. As I continue to discover this new city, I'm quite pleased with the mid-February weather. At least for this year.



No comments:

Post a Comment