Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Speedy

A friend of mine was in town for a few days. It was a good time. She got to see a bunch of the city and was really impressed. Since I live near the Byward Market we walked a lot of places. Walking is great. It gives you a lot of exercise and doesn't cost you anything.

It turns out I now walk rather quickly.

Several times I had to slow down. I seem to motor along at a very brisk pace. The hills don't seem to slow me down anymore. This can only be related to me walking to work and back everyday. I have noted that with less effort I am getting to work faster. My heart rate is less elevated than when I began. I have to admit, I like the results.

All this is evidence that I am living healthier. I wouldn't necessarily say healthy since I still like beer and I may not always eat enough vegetables but my life is healthier.

All this makes me think that sometimes a change is a great thing. If I had not moved to Ottawa I would not be walking to work and enjoying the wonderful benefits. The only drawback is I may walk a bit faster than my friends but I'm sure they will forgive me.



No comments:

Post a Comment