Thursday, February 3, 2011

Death By Chicken Wings


There is a a restaurant in Winnipeg called Romani's and they make the hottest chicken wings I have ever had. I realize a lot of people think they have found really hot wings at some place, and they may have but these are the hottest. I enjoy spicy food. What is too hot for most people is just getting to where I like it.

I was at Romani's a few years back. The wings were so hot I couldn't finish two pounds. Last night I shared 1 pound with a friend and they have been haunting me all day. These wings are so hot I was drooling uncontrollably and crying. Dave, the guy who was also eating them had to go to the washroom to get cleaned up after we hade ate about 1/2 the wings. He was a slobbering mess.

The question is, why do I do things like that to myself? Why does anyone eat food that hot? I think for me I find it a challenge. I seem to think that I need to prove to myself and others I can take it on. However, every time I feel so terrible as the hot sauce wreaks havoc on my guts. I feel like I did something foolish. I am in pain for a day. I loathe the toilet.

The worst part of it is I really get nothing for my efforts. It won't make me famous, it won't make me rich and I'm pretty sure my friends don't like me more for doing this.

Ultimately I will probably do this again. I will be feeling ok and have a chance to eat some really hot wings. I will not fully remember how bad they were and I will go through this all over again.


No comments:

Post a Comment