Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snowy

Since moving to Ottawa I have noted it snows a lot here. Not a lot falls every day but a lot of days it falls. Today we are catching the edge of a rather intense storm that formed in Texas. It was rather bad this morning ut it seems to be tapering off a bit.

Here's the ting about snow, it's a hassle. Everyone likes sunshine. If you have a proper storm sewer system rain takes care of itself. Snow on the other hand accumulates. It will melt but depending where you live that may be months from now.

Snow makes you change how you drive. It reduces traction and can redirect your vehicle without your permission or consent. It forces you to plan ahead and pay attention while you drive. In 2011 in Canada we have become rather accustomed to convenience and instant access. We don't like to plan ahead, we don't want it to take any longer than it should. From time to time nature stands up and reminds us that our lives are small and can be petty in the grand scheme and we should go with the flow and not fight the current at every turn.

To ensure I'm not mis-understood, I don't want to deal with snow. I just know that when it comes I need to adapt. That may be why I have so little stress in my life.



No comments:

Post a Comment