Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Rolling

I have been working in Ottawa for just over six months. Last week-end I had a couple of friends in town and rad to drop them off at the airport before work this morning. It made the most sense to just drive to work after dropping them off. It worked out fine.

Because I drove to work that meant I had to drive home after work. With the work being done on Rideau Street and it being closed to traffic except busses and taxis, I had to take Laurier to get across the canal.

As I have mentioned in previous posts it takes me about 30 minutes to walk to work and another 30 minutes to walk home. Today it took me 23 minutes to drive home.

All this makes walking to and from work to look even more attractive.

I didn't get my morning walk and it took longer to get going once I arrived at my desk. I didn't get my afternoon walk and wind down from my day.

From this experience I have confirmed that the walk to work is a very good thing in my life. The fresh air and exercise make my day better while only adding about seven minutes to either trip. If I catch a couple of lights while walking it adds even less time as I have been able to walk in as little as 25 minutes.

I'm not saying everyone is in a position to walk to work or would even care to but I am a convert. It is one of the best parts of my daily routine and you can't argue with fresh air and exercise.



No comments:

Post a Comment