Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Go Jets Go!

In April of 1996 I went to what has been the last Winnipeg Jets hockey game. After a fifteen year hiatus profession hockey is returning to the Manitoba capital.

Winnipeg is not the same city as when pro hockey left. There is a definite sense of community in Winnipeg. There is a definite love of hockey there too. I think the Jets leaving the city made people realize they need pro sports to make a sense of community.

There are some upsides. Winnipeg already has a better team than Edmonton. It is easier to get excited about hockey if you have a local team. It's fun to be part of a team.

I don't know if I will ever live in Winnipeg again. A lot of me friends do and I'm happy they get a team again. Who knows what the future brings but it will include NHL hockey in Winnipeg.



No comments:

Post a Comment