Saturday, January 9, 2010

Even My Mom Knows

I was at my sister's place on Christmas Day. A good lively discussion was ongoing. We were talking about how a couple of my friends were handing out some good natured ribbing via email on my birthday. Part of the getting old joke was Kent typed LOL and proceeded to explain that was how young people say laugh out loud. Of course I knew this. My wonderful 60 year old mother then added in even she knows what LOL is.

My mom knows what LOL is.

I guess there is really no reason she wouldn't. She is very smart and has been around computers most of my life.

In the same day, she used the word awesome. Twice. I don't ever remember my mom saying awesome, and in one day she said it twice.

I'm not sure what is going on here. Maybe she was always this in tune and I just didn't notice. Maybe she is being influenced by different people around her. I guess it doesn't really matter in the big picture, I think it is good that she is up with the times. I think it is important to stay current and my parents are pretty good at that.

Its pretty obvious to me that new or old is not an indication of good or bad to them. They are good at evaluating and determining if it is good or relevant. I hope when I reach their age I can do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment