Friday, January 22, 2010

Looking For Adventure

In the dead of winter in Winnipeg, one tends to have some time to think about what you are not doing. This time of year I find I don't do much and seem to let my mind wander about things that I would like to do. I have come up with a few things in no particular order that I want to do someday.

Attend a major College Bowl Game. I have watched many on TV. It looks like it would be an incredible experience. The pageantry, passion, and excitement would be worth the trip.

Fly a Beaver. I still think it is the coolest plane ever.

Fly a glider in mountain wave. Someday I will do some serious soaring and hit the pinnacle of the sport.

Play the piano in a public performance, again. I took lessons for years as a kid. Someday I will perform again.

Cross the equator. I want to see more of the world and flush a toilet and see it swirl the other way.

Make a documentary. I have no idea how at this time, but I will learn and tell a story worth telling.

There is a lot of other things I want to accomplish but these are the highlights. It's easy to get bogged down in day to day life. You have to keep some dreams alive or a part of you will die inside. I don't want that to happen to me.

1 comment: